Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mother's Day

This post is way overdue. I have been meaning to write this for weeks but time has gotten away from me! I was thoroughly spoiled for my first real Mother's day. The weekend started out with a special treat. Jon got up with Blake and took him to run Mother's day errands and I was able to sleep in and then scrub my bathrooms in piece. It was totally blissful. Sunday morning I got breakfast in bed and Blake bought me a cute little "Mom" necklace and Jon got us tickets to go see WICKED the following weekend. After church on Sunday we went over to my sister's house to celebrate with my mom. We had a yummy dinner and it was so fun to just hang out (but we missed your Court and Steph!) The next weekend Jon and I dropped Blake off with Jon's sister in Denver and went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory! So yummy. I took pictures on my phone and then lost my phone (okay, not so much lost as it was run over by a car), so the pictures are gone. It's been a long time since Jon and I have been able to have a whole evening out on the town like that. I'm so grateful for all the family in our lives who help watch Blake for me. We are pretty blessed. Wicked was incredible! It was Jon's first time seeing it and I loved watching him experience for the first time. After the show we went back to the Cheesecake Factory to actually get some Cheesecake. Yum, now I'm craving it! It was a pretty perfect weekend. Thanks Hubby for the amazing gift! Now how am I going to top that for Father's Day???

No comments:

Post a Comment