Saturday, June 9, 2012

First Steps and A Rock & Roll Headbanger!

I think one of the coolest thing about raising the bebes is watching their little personalities grow. But even cooler than that is the fact that there personalities start developing their personalities before they are even born. Blake has always been an active little guy. Even before he was born he could not stop moving. My tummy was always doing summersaults, and it was so funny to watch it change shapes. That fact did not change after he was born. He has been very anxious to be on the move, and took his first steps at exactly 8 and a half months. For about a week it was only a step or two before he would fall down. After about a week of that he took 5 steps, the next day it was 6 steps, and the day afer that it was 7. He's still only up to 7 steps, but I think he'll be running before I know it. He turns 9 months old next week and I just can't believe how fast he's growing up!

Blake has learned another cool trick this week. I'm not sure where this came from, but Blake now nods/headbangs. He is so funny! He thinks it's pretty great when someone nods back at him, so my neck is killing me from knodding back. I have also found that I need to sing to him while he's eating. Our songs usually start with "I am a child of God" and end with "I love Rock & Roll" (well, about 2 lines of it because that's all I know). It is pretty much impossible to sing that song without headbanging, and Blake has picked that up. So whenever I start singing it he bobs his head with me. I really do not think I could love this kid anymore! I can't wait to see what this next month holds for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment